Saturday, March 12, 2022

THE SEEDS OF WAR-- THE CONVENTIONAL WISDOM

 

Every time there is war, we need to think about what happened in the past? We have so many wars in the past and every time people suffer so much that they swear to high heavens they don’t want war anymore. Watching the war in Ukraine, I feel sad and started to contemplate to myself why war do happen? Going more deeper, most of the war often started from individuals out of greed; like greed for power; greed for money; and greed for possession or territory. They are the seeds of war. Then, I comeback and ask myself how many seeds of war are inside of me; do I need to be rich; do I have more than I need; do I want more power? If I have these seeds, I need to decrease it. If I think I want to have more than I need in my life, I will try to give away more. This is the way not to fall into the pit of war and to do that, I need to recoil my aspiration in life. This is the conventional wisdom.                     

.            

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Your Ad Here